Thursday, June 08, 2006

Short and (bitter)Sweet

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/06/08/D8I422UG0.html

Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi Killed in Air Raid
Jun 08 9:08 AM US/Eastern

By PATRICK QUINN
Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the most-wanted terrorist in Iraq with a $25 million bounty on his head, was killed when U.S. warplanes dropped 500-pound bombs on his isolated safehouse northeast of Baghdad, coalition officials said Thursday. His death was a long-sought victory in the war in Iraq.
...

_________________________________________________________

A co-worker of mine gave a rather succinct and dispassionate retort upon seeing a similar report on CNN on the delightfully large flat widescreen TV in our office reception.

'Shame...waste of $25 million.'

Damn shame.

I guess I can relax my constant state of heightened vigilance a bit and change the coloured Post-it note on my fridge to orange.

It's just as well. I never really believed the rumours that Al-Z was seen late at night coming out of 'Starbutts' in Itaewon anyway.

Posted by Stan the Almighty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page